The Hamilton Toy Museum & Collectors Shop is one of the largest privately owned toy collections in the UK.
The museum is located in the beautiful town of Callander, and showcases 175 years of combined toy collecting by the Hamilton family.
- Toy Museum Car Room - a collection of die cast and toy cars, mainly by Corgi, Dinky and Matchbox, there are also car models built from kits and many of the smaller and more obscure manufacturers.
- Toy Museum TV & Sci-Fi Room - collection of film, television and science fiction. Toys, games, books and model kits from all your favourites - Thunderbirds, Stingray, Doctor Who and, of course, Star Wars, plus many from lesser known films and TV shows.
- Toy Museum Edwardian Nursery - Experience the sights and sounds of our recreated Edwardian nursery which concentrates upon dolls, toys and related items 100 or more years old.
- Toy Museum Doll & Bear Room - contains a vast array of dolls, teddy bears, puppets and dolls houses. Barbies and Sindys, bisque and composition, all types are represented here.
Also on display are TV favourites such as Rupert the bear, Felix the cat, Noddy and Magic Roundabout, Britain`s floral garden from the 1960s, and lead civilian figures, from much earlier periods
- Toy Museum Soldiers Room - army of around 5,000 model soldiers and civilian figures
Last admission to the museum 4.30 p.m.
We are open from Easter until the end of October.
- Adults £3
- Children £1 (accompanied by an adult)
- Family (2 adults & 2 children) £7
The Collection is displayed over two floors so unfortunately it is not possible to accommodate users with limited mobility.
The Collectors Shop
The Museum boasts a comprehensive collectors shop, stocking a wide range of vintage, pre-owned and new toys.
Die-cast cars, model kits, model railways, soldiers, sci-fi, film related collectables, dolls, bears, dolls houses, Action Man, puppets, Scalextric, vintage vinyl and related books can all be found on sale here. Prices to suit all pockets and constantly changing stock. We are also stockists for Bachmann, Graham Farish and New Britains. We are always interested in buying vintage (pre-1980s) toys for the shop or museum.