Our mission is to work through key partnerships in education, culture, health and sport, to provide high-quality dance experiences across three main areas of work – Talent Development, Education, and Access and Participation.
To work through key partnerships in education, culture, health and sport, to provide high quality dance experiences for all children and young people in Scotland.
**Our key objectives
To focus on getting young people dancing, building a robust educational infrastructure and providing a ladder of opportunities from beginners to professional performers and creators.
**Talent Development Objectives
- To provide opportunities for young people to develop their talent and ability in dance to a high level
- To challenge young dancers to aim for a professional standard of work
- To offer young dancers the experience of working with established professional choreographers
- To develop and produce work which will showcase the best of young talent in dance in Scotland and perform such work both in Scotland and internationally
- To work in partnership with the wider dance sector to establish clear, well-resourced development pathways to enable young dancers to progress from participation to professional training and work
- To lead the development of dance in education in Scotland
- To develop current practice and shape future delivery of dance in schools
- To support the Experiences and Outcomes for Dance in Curriculum for Excellence, and support additional subject areas through dance
- To inspire and train teachers to use dance in schools
- To inspire and educate young dancers and teachers by providing educational workshop programmes linked to high quality dance productions
**Access and Participation Objectives
- To provide a wide range of inspiring, inclusive and appropriate creative dance experiences for children and young people across Scotland
- To deliver dance experiences which put the young people at the centre of the work
- To ensure high quality dance experiences across all parts of Scotland, reaching children and young people of all ages and abilities
- To enable dance provision in local areas to be sustainable, and to raise awareness of the positive effects of dance for children and young people
- To train and develop participatory dance delivery skills in dance workers and educators To provide development opportunities for young people in dance and dance leadership